Saturday, October 1, 2011

Hunt for Red October...

It's Phillies post-season folks.  What can I say, it's a wonderful time for us Phillies phans.  See what I did there.  So here we go, after coming home from a long day of car hunting.  I was able to come home and enjoy what was left of the game.  Now don't get me wrong, while searching for a vehicle, checking the phone constantly is not something that should be done when negotiating.  Yes that's right, not good...the salesman becomes more friendly, the mood is right, and we begin talking about sports.  Boo me, did a bad job negotiating today.  Anyway, me yelling at the parking lot is awful since we went down 3-0 very quickly.  Boy that was just bad, however give us a roaring 6th inning, with Howard's bat coming to life, and we are back in this bad boy...two batters later, Raul blasts one out as well...and the lead is our.  See what's nice about watching the Phillies for the last few years, we never count them out, and with our Aces running on all cylinders, and Halladay getting his composure up and running, winning was not out of the question.  So yes, good win tonight...quite wonderful really.  However, what I missed most, I wished I could have watched the game with a few beers, my Phil's gear, my extremely bad for you snacks, and of course most importantly of all, my oh so important Phillies loving friends.  Oh how I miss them.  I really miss them, they are extremely important to me.  I hope I am home to enjoy the rest of the playoffs with them.



Well nothing super exciting tonight, just watching television, and thinking I'm getting better.  But honestly, am I?  I don't know.  That's life for you.

Sometimes it still hurts. You know how it is man. It's like, you wake up every day and it hurts a little bit less, and then you wake up one day and it doesn't hurt at all. And the funny thing is, is that, this is kinda weird, but it's like, it's like you almost miss that pain. - Swingers
Enjoy the Saturday evening everybody, and enjoy the song below...been stuck in my head lately...the band is He is We.


No comments:

Post a Comment