Sunday, September 11, 2011

What a Weekend

Oh wow, so I'm finally back home, it was such a wonderful weekend, you have no idea how fantastic it was.  So lets get to it shall we.  Yesterday was the best days of the year so far.  Playing croquet and drinking champagne...classy folks.  Very classy.  I loved each minute of it.  Being able to play a course that Dave made, and be drunk at the same time.  Epicness all around really.  Btw, my apologies to Dave, he clearly had the game won and in the bag, however someone had to ruin his chances, i.e. me.  Yea, I blasted the boys ball out of here and into space, not really, but i did knock it out of the way to give Steph's Mom the come from behind win.  Go me...I'm epic.  

As for food, well I of course had a wonderful meal.  Once again a lovely pasta dish with broccoli florets, and wait for it...side of broccoli rabe.  I love broccoli rabe, especially when it is made with garlic, olive oil, and a little salt and pepper.  Fantastic.  We also had steak yesterday as well.  Ahh...the joys of cooking and eating steak.  Now Ms. P. doesn't usually let anyone in her kitchen, however this is the second year now where I was allowed to handle the grill, and I like to say I did a fantastic job at it.  ^___^

Okay, now that the food is out of the way, lets talk about the rest of the day.  As you may or may not know, I am a drinker.  I enjoy my occasional scotch and hard liquors.  I've never moved to wine or beer, or any of those outsider alcohols...the ones that I prefer to as non-spirit drinks.  I'm a firm believer of keeping things old school and that a man should be able to handle his liquor properly.  Because of this school of thought, I don't drink wine, and I don't drink champagne very often, however when I do, I do for the fun of it.  Yesterday was the first time I have ever been wine/champagne drunk.  I literally had a great buzz going since 2:00 p.m. yesterday.  And you know what, it was worth it.  As I sat there drinking bottle after bottle, and listening to great story after story, it dawned on me.  I lead a very awesome life.  Go me...

Oh, and for Davie and Jay, yeah yeah yeah, I cried during the story big whoopee do...you guys are mean.  All in all, 5 star weekend...and in hindsight, I probably shouldn't have brought that $70 bottle of wine...stoopid on my end, I know.    

No comments:

Post a Comment