Saturday, September 24, 2011

Kina Time!

So a quick mini go around for this morning.  I just wanted to say how amazing the voice of Kina Grannis is.  Honestly, these have been very frustrating and rough times for me these last few days, however they have been filled with her lovely, lovely voice and my own guitar playing.  I guess the main reason why I'm going to Amsterdam really stemmed from her.  If you didn't know already, I may slightly adore this woman, she has truly changed my life.  I have always wanted to play a guitar, I took the steps when I began listening to her at the age of 23.  It just became a part of me, and even though, I'm not the greatest, I feel if I can just keep practicing, I'll be where I need to be.

Amsterdam for Kina?  Yeah, that's how I roll, it was either that or pay $20,000 for a private show.    Truthfully speaking, I was just going to pay the out of pocket $20,000 for my own concert.  The only problem was I couldn't find a venue where I could put it at, so instead I think I'll just pay for the plane ride over and the concert ticket prices...fanatical?  Yeah probably.  Obsessive...duh.  So you now know why I'm heading over there.

Let me just promote her just a little more.  Go to a concert, she will be the sweetest, bubbly, eccentric, and most entertaining person you have ever met.  She does a meet and greet after ever show, and she couldn't be kinder.  She seems like you're everyday girl, and you think you would have a chance...but you never will.  She's a star on the rise, and if you get the opportunity to at least see her live once before she hits it big...do it.  Do it now.  You will see for yourself the amazingness that is Kina.  I can't wait for her third part of the "World in Front of Me," tour, and to be part of it.  Yay me...if you are still interested at this point, here are a few songs that you should probably listen to:  "Stars Falling Down," "Highlighted in Green," "Don't Cry," "Jenaveve," "Cambridge," "Message from Your Heart,"  Some of my most cherished songs.

I have been a fan and supporter since the "Crash the Superbowl,"  she deserves it.  Honestly, I never wanted to root for someone more...well I have, but that's another story...buy her CDs, merch, everything.  You will not be disappointed.  Thanks Kina, thanks for getting me through some shitty stuff with you're amazing voice, songs, covers, and everything in between.  You're a life changer, and when I need a pick me up, and to smile a little...I listen to you're CDs, and watch your vids.  Thank you.


"I think that the stars would have waited for us. Hanging onto the night, watching down below. Until we were hand in hand, together waiting for them. So when I open my eyes, I saw it too. Stars falling down, when I fell for you" - Kina Grannis

Appropriate I guess...



No comments:

Post a Comment