Sunday, September 25, 2011

Saturday

Let's finish my Saturday...so yesterday I really wanted a sushi meal.  Something about sushi, it's sort of my comfort food.  The simple fact is a clean taste of the sea, along with the pungent and tangy cut of the sushi rice, and lastly the delicate salty taste of seaweed.  Awesome.  It's easy for me to say that sushi is comfort food, however we all know for a fact, not all sushi are equal.  There are good sushi, and there are fantastic sushi.  However yesterday we went to Mikimoto, it was amazing.  Lets talk about the decor.  The first thing I noticed was the open ceiling.  Lots of restaurants are doing it nowadays, and it's something I enjoy.  It has given restaurants a lively feel.  Very nice really.  So, the restaurant is lit dimly, gives it a very nice ambience to it.  Also, the whole entire restaurant has a anime theme...and if you know me and my nerdiness, I love the theme.  Inuyasha, Yasagi Yojimbo, and Speed Racer...amazing.  The last touch to the restaurant, was the fact that the entire sushi section was right in the middle of the restaurant.  An open kitchen as it may be.  Fantastic really.  It's really a hip joint, honestly, a really good date spot for you and a special someone.  Oh yeah, have to mention, epic bar selection, and waitresses/waiters seem very nice.  Definitely a 7.5 out of 10 for me.  It was definitely above average.  If, I'm ever in Delaware again, and want sushi, Mikimoto will be the place to be.  Hip, cool, amazing service, and delicious food.

Now lets talk about the food.  Now we ordered sushi, and of course sushi is all about the fish.  Lets say this, it was exquisite, fresh and very very tasty.  I like to say I've had enough sushi in my lifetime to know what is and isn't good.  So yes, I believe this was quite excellent fish.  No strong fishy odor, and all the fish were quite delicate.  Very yummy.  Oh, and by the way, an amazing chocolate, creme brûlée...yes chocolate creme brûlée...wow, so good.  Rich, creamy, and decadent chocolate...hmm...kinda want one right now.  So here's the thing everyone, if you get a chance, and you like sushi, and you're in Delaware, go to Mikimoto near downtown Wilmington.  It's quite the trip, and experience.  You will enjoy it.



What an exciting Saturday, and during the evening, well it was just as nice.  It was nice taking Suzanne out for her birthday.  Happy belated once again Suze.  Chickie's and Pete's for dinner and of course all the drinking and dancing Suzanne could ever want.  After dinner it was to Cavanaugh's River Deck.  Honestly this place brought back a ton of memories...especially since, the last time I was there I was completely hammered, and I don't remember too much.  But how epic was it last night?  It was really nice, tons of drinks and tons of dancing, really awesome time...personally though, I like to apologize to Suzanne.  Sorry couldn't stay for everything, my heart just wasn't in it last night, and sorry I was such a downer.  If it was any other time, I would have dance and drank and been merry.  However I hope you had an amazing time, and that you know that I think you're awesome, and that you will have a wonderful year.

No comments:

Post a Comment