Friday, January 6, 2012

RTK

Well I've been thinking about this for a while now, and honestly after a holiday season of gorging, I think it would only be suitable to get back into better shape...right?  That's the idea no?  Everyone always has the idea that, "Well it's that time for New Year Resolution this and New Year Resolution that, and they are right.  It is that time.  I've been thinking about doing a 5k for sometime now, and what a 5k is only 3 point something miles right?  It can't be that bad.  However, I have no experience running.  I do it for fun, and I don't do it very often.  By frankly, I'm actually worried I'm going to pass out from exhaustion from it.  And I most likely will.  But I really really want to do one.  After that day in Amsterdam looking for Vondelpark.  I honestly don't think it could be that bad.  So lets give this a go.  

Seriously this is only really happening because of the whole RTK thing.  Kina is only giving me another reason to try and attempt something I want to do.  What is RTK?  Well RTK stands for Run Team Kina, it's basically Kina creating a group and trying to get people involved.  Not only that, she's planning to make a good cause out of it.  A charity event along with a health conscience effort.  Kina is awesome.  Anyway, with running being in the back of my mind lately, and Kina coming out with RTK, I'm finding that running a 5k in our area may be a little difficult.  So I may decide to do my own little 5k.  I don't know what I've been thinking of lately, whether what I do is technically smart or not, well that's the case.  I honestly don't know what is or isn't anymore.  

Well I decided if I want to do this.  I gotta start training on Monday.  I'm going to go for a couple of nonstop runs to see how long I can last.  After that, I'm just going to attempt to increase the distance and the longevity of it all.  Lately I've been getting running tips.  And it looks as though the thing I also need is new running shoes.  Like real deal running shoes...like real deal $150 running shoes...ridiculous honestly, but it must be done.  

Seriously there are a few things going on right now in 2012, and it's pretty jazzy.  I guess I'm trying to take things to a new level.  However, everyone always says that, gotta do big things.  I don't wanna say it.  However it's time to show what I got this year.  So Mr. 2012...howdy.  Also, this is the last day I will discuss or say anything about the new year.  I think after a week into the New Year, you shouldn't really be allowed to talk about it anymore.  Just some food for thought.  :D

1 comment:

  1. I had this same thought (except without the RTK).. hence,I am joining RUC"s track and field team. Start jogging/walking up to 1/2 mile first for a week and gradually run a bit longer. You don't need real expensive running shoes to start off :) that's what I remember from my high school track team.

    ReplyDelete