Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Oh What a Night...

This evening I decided I would start playing "Rock Smith."  I began playing it, and well I realized this.  My fingers are killing me, and I realized, if I just keep practicing more often, I can master this thing we call the guitar.  I'm actually pretty excited that I'm going to my lesson tomorrow.  Haven't seen Paul in a while, and a little jam session with him won't hurt a bit.  So yeah...I'm on that wagon again.  However, I head over once a week, so technically I never got off the wagon.  Looking at my fingers and my calluses, well  it's looking mighty fine.

Tonight I've been thinking about the dreams that we have.  Ever imagine what it would be like to have reality take place with just a dream?  I know it sounds crazy and supernatural, but just imagine what it's like if you could do it.  Crazy right?  I think so.  As I sit here and contemplate my own thoughts, I realize I sound like I've been smoking something.  But I'm telling you right now, I don't do drugs, and I don't think it's some sort of pipe dream.  Instead this is just a thought that I've been thinking about.  Why do our minds wander to where they go at night?  Why does our subconscious continues to move while our bodies stop.  It's a crazy thing the human body.

Can you imagine the thought...what would happen if we never had a dream at night?  We dream ever night we sleep don't we?  Isn't that our body's way of telling us that we are alive and functioning?  I don't get it, what makes it so important, and is there a way to control it?  Is there a way to make the dreams become a reality?  Can we make the unknown...known?  I got to stop thinking these thoughts so close to late at night.

I've been doing a ton of research on the Japanese culture lately, and I've definitely been wondering what it would be like to visit Japan in October.  Am I going to enjoy it?  Am I doing the right thing on deciding to go there?  Or is this a bad idea to go alone?  Am I going to get jumped by yakuza members, and I'm going to get attacked by hookers and prostitutes(prostates before the correction) on the streets of Tokyo?  Am I really thinking too much into it?  Well I'll tell you what, I'm open to all of the ideas.  I think I'm in for another fun and crazy trip ahead.  I'm going to do a ton of stupid stuff...cause well, that's what I do.  Nighty night y'all.  Enjoy yourselves this evening.

One day I'm going to be able to play this...until then, I'm going to listen to the sweet guitar licks, and the smooth voice coming out of her.  Makes me smile every time I hear this song.

No comments:

Post a Comment