Monday, January 2, 2012

And Old Acquaintance

Okay, so I need to do this.  It has really been way to long, and as good as Grind my Gears Monday has been.  Lets do a real recap on the holiday, the new year, and everything in between.

Well world, Christmas.  What can I say really?  I believe everyone enjoyed their gifts.  I really hope they did, honestly.  Between Dave's tabletop foosball table, to George's exciting Airswimmer.  I think everything was a hit actually.  I'm pretty happy about the gifts this year.  It was an excellent year for this.  Great dinner as well, Wei T. and Tina, Dad making an epic meal, everything was great.  Good times really.

Now what about NYE?  How was the New Year's celebration.  Excellent of course, good scotch, cigars...and the drinking till midnight fun times.  Oh, and of course hearing from Jay himself, the most drunkest at the party...Steffie!!!  And I missed it.  Fiddlesticks.  However, New Years was awesome, fantastic even.  Gt's of the year.

Okay, lets get to the meat and potatoes of this jib.  2011 was a great year, learning, traveling, experiences, nothing but not giving a fuck right?  That was 2011's motto.  I did a lot of dumb things, however as I got older, and the experience kicked in, and the idea of me doing these idiotic things, they really needed to come to an end, and they did.  Well here we are, it's 2012, this year's motto, "The year of big things."  2011 was a learning experience for me, and honestly, I don't know what I'm expecting out of 2012, but I'm expecting bigger things.  Finding a new job, a new direction toward the right steps in life, reaching out to what I really need to do.  I want to, nay I must start moving to the opportunities that are in front of me.  I can't keep cowering over these false hopes and that the idea of failure will be stuck with me.  I can't fear the future if I don't try.  It's time I take the big steps in my life.  I don't know where I will be in 5, 10, or 15 years from now.  However I do know that I want to be a changed man.  A changed human being with more to offer than a depressing job, and nothing else to show for it.  I want to travel more, go places that I never been, experience things I don't or even consider to have any thought of experiencing.  I want to be free of all this negativity that was kinda pestering me in 2011.  The future is bright, may or may it not end in 2012.  Whatever is happening in the future is honestly just the beginning.

"The future ain't what it used to be." - Yogi Berra

No comments:

Post a Comment