Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Neel

It's days like these that you don't expect.  When you're young, you learn in life it's gonna be difficult.  We go to school, learn to get a new job, get an education, make friends, get married, and all that other bullshit.  However, who teaches us about death?  We learn it along the way, but we don't really expect it, especially at 27 or 28.  So what happens when one of your high school buddies passes away?  Well you reflect on it.  My friend Neel passed on Monday, and well.  I don't expect that kind of thing.  It sucks honestly.  And no matter what you can't bring them back.

Neel was a great guy.  I remember meeting him during Senior cut day back in high school...yeah I cut.  Good guy, then I remember meeting him again during a beach house party at Scott's after prom.  Then I really got to know Neel while working at Acme with him for about a year and a half.  The kid was great, smart, handsome, and nothing but a gentleman.  It was hard staying in contact with Neel, but my memories will live on.  The kid was great, and that is how I'm going to remember him as.  A perfect gentleman.  Neel wherever you are buddy.  Smile down on us, and protect us.  We're all thinking about you, and wishing you nothing but the best my friend.  You're going to be missed, the world lost a great man today.  Much love Neel...much love.

Don't cry because it's over.  Smile because it happened.  ~Theodor Seuss Geisel, attributed




For everyone out there still holding on to a grudge, let it go...life is to short.  We're gonna miss you Neel, but we won't forget you...take care buddy.  

No comments:

Post a Comment