Tuesday, November 8, 2011

That Time of Year

Well, the holidays are among us, it's once again that time of year again.  We prepare for the giant feast of turkey and ham, and all the other sides.  We look forward to a holiday that celebrates another year of thanks.  And what are we to be thankful for?  There are plenty to be thankful for, an older and dear friend of mine once said.  "If you can open your eyes, raise your arms up and to the side, then today is going to be a good day."  Thanks Tony, those were some of the best advice ever.

My family is another thing to be thankful for, I'm thankful for them for putting up with my bullshit.  God I love them.  I've realized this.  I do a lot of dumb shit.  I am an idiot sometimes.  But hey that's why they love me.

My friends, I love them more than they will ever imagine.  Sometimes I do the dumbest things, I know they give me banter sometimes, but I know it is all for motivational reasons.  Sometimes shit shouldn't come out of my mouth, and sometimes I should just tell my friends the way I think sometimes.  I don't know though, I've been raised to be a strong silent type.  Talking about our problems or reaching out to people is not something that was usually done in my family.  Maybe that's why I've been writing so much these last few years.  This has been my outlet, however, I know that I really should talk to people about my problems or even my thoughts really.  New Years resolution...that's what I'm going to start doing more of.  Got to stop bottling things up so often.

Thankful to be employed during these rough times.  When jobs are scarce, money is tight, and things are low, I'm grateful to say well at least I'm making enough to still go on vacation, and purchase things that I need.  Thank goodness for that.

I'm thankful that I lead the life I live.  May it be good or bad, there are always a good tide and a bad tide.  Things will always work out for the best though.  And that's what I have to look forward too.  It could always be better, however it could also always be 10x worse.

Enjoy the song tonight everybody.  I forgot how much I loved it.

1 comment: