Saturday, November 19, 2011

Obscure Saturday

This little piece is a dedication for all those obscure artists out there that hasn't really gotten their shot at the lime light yet.  Or either they have and I just didn't know that yet.  Cause technically I'm not really up to date on who is big or not.  So, you know, that's how that works.  Anyway, my obscure artist of the week is, "Ingrid Michaelson." Who is Ingrid?  Well you may know her hit "The Way I am." It is a sweet melodic song with all the right hits.  It's a happy little tune, and well she's an indie-pop singer.  Kinda like the Kina Grannis of the East.  You know what, if you honestly want to compare the two, you can consider Kina, Tupac; and then you can consider Ingrid, Biggie Smalls.  A New York native, Ingrid started young as a musician.  I guess It kinda runs in the the family.  It's pretty neat.  I wish my family were artistically gifted like that.  Anyway, back to the music.  Ingrid's melody of upbeat, pop type licks from her guitar makes her one of the happier indie pop artists.  Her songs have been featured on Scrubs, Bone, and even Grey's Anatomy.  If you're looking for someone new and interesting, give Ingrid Michaelson a shot.  I'll definitely be hitting a concert when she is back in town.

Waiting for George's comment...
Enjoy the video folks, it's one of Ingrid's hits.

No comments:

Post a Comment