Monday, February 20, 2012

#RTK

Okay, if you have been reading this blog for sometime now, you all know that I have been trying to run more often and erin for a 5k.  Well so far so good.  On Sunday, me and Dave went to Overbrook HS, and went for a little jog.  Now I'v been doing the treadmill run, so Sunday was a first time I was outside and running, and the first thing I've noticed is that, well how should I put this, I couldn't breathe.  The cold air restricted my breathing, and it kinda freaked me out...I thought that was what a heart attack like.  However, it wasn't so thank goodness to that.

Well I think the date has been set, 6/17/2012 will be 5K.  So far I have Mr. Dave signed up, and possible Jorge and Suze.  I also might have my sister in, and possibly WT and Tina.  So a pretty good group so far.  If you're wondering which run I'm doing.  It's the Gary Papa 5K.  I'm pretty excited about it.  It may not be on my bucket list, but I'll tell you what.  It's preparing me for the half marathon that I want to accomplish.  Man, I'm going to do Forrest Gump proud.

I've had this idea this year that I'm going to attempt this 5K run.  However, when me and Dave were running, Dave said something that has really intrigued me.  "Wei, why don't we create our own 5K charity event?"  And ever since then, I've been thinking about this a lot really.  How about creating the Run Team Kina 5K?  Create the event, get it sponsored, get the registration going, choose a day, choose a course, and choose the advertisement.  From all the reading I've done there are many companies that are willing to sponsor and event like this.  I would like to donate all the funds made to RTK.  So, I'm getting ideas out now, and I think I'm going to make a few calls tomorrow afternoon after work to see how I can get some sponsorships and fundraising accomplishments done.  I never fathomed this idea, however, it's going on my bucket list now.  Thanks Davie H.  I'll keep you posted buddy, and hopefully we can work on something like this together.

So as I sit here typing about my daily life, and my plans for it.  I have one last thing to say.  I'm in the market to buy a few more suits.  I don't know what it is about suits, and the affect it has on me, but I'll tell you this.  It's something that I love.  I feel good in my suits, from the the thread count, to the perfect shirt and tie combo that goes with it.  And how does it?  With the perfect pair of shoes of course.  God I love my suits.

Legen...wait for it...dary!

No comments:

Post a Comment