Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Club 2-7

For my girls and boys in the Philly area...I'm not talking about that club 2-7.  Actually I've never been, however from what I hear it's pretty nice I guess.  I wouldn't know.  Anywhoo, this blog is about the club that host a ton of my favorite artists.  Unfortunately, it's not really a club I would want anyone to join.  It saddens me, and I don't think anyone deserves a fate like this.

So what is club 2-7?  Well it's basically a club that consist of rockstar celebrities that have died at the age of 27.  From Jimi Hendrix to Amy Winehouse.  It's a tragedy, all of these celebs died at such a young age, t was not meant to be that way.  Whether it was from a tragic drug overdose, or a horrific accident.  It stinks really.  I've enjoyed all their music, and honestly, it's their influence that has shaped my musical taste.  Without them my love for being able to play an instrument wouldn't be there.

As I had said some of these artists are some of my biggest influences.  Take Jimi Hendrix, one of the greatest guitarists on earth.  His skill playing makes me wish I could have an 1/8th of what he does.  Skill and talent is what he had, and what does he die from?  An undisputed asphyxiation.  What is that?  No one knows, however they do know that he died at the age of 27.  Sad

How about lead singer, guitarist, and songwriter of Nirvana?  Kurt Cobain.  This man was a genius, a man that created an entire genre and generation of grunge.  The music that defined me, and the early 90s and the quintessential music that defined an age of innocence.  Thank you Mr. Cobain, you are one of the people that made me, me.  And just like Mr. Hendrix, you died at the age of 27.  *Sigh* gone to soon.

The last artist I want to mention is Amy Winehouse.  Whether you agree with her views or not, or even what she was about.  You had to admit the girl had a voice on her.  However she led a tragic life, and once again it was cut too short.  Her drug and alcohol addiction killed her.  However she left us with her soulful voice, and beautiful music.  Thanks Amy for that, you were a true artist.  The 27 club is the worst.  Lets pray for our artists.    

No comments:

Post a Comment