Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Top 50 (cont.)

Okay, it's top 50 Wednesday, and it's not that I wasn't excited last week, however this week, I'm ecstatic to write about one of my all time favorite cars.  The WRX STi.  Now, we here in the states didn't receive the STi until 2004, and even though we were a little late to the game, the latest rendition of it coming out of Japan, was the most badass one yet.  Yup, folks I've been enjoying the streamlined Impreza for years, however like an ugly stepdaughter, America was ignored the Subara Tecnica International version for years.  Finally we got our hands on one.  For the last few years, I had pined for one.  Who wouldn't want a 300 hp, all wheel drive, rallying monster vehicle.  To this day, I may not want one as bad, but if I had an opportunity to pick one up, I'm definitely going to do it.  Seriously, I actually have been looking at the new 2012 ones.  After a few years of the hatchback version, I'm very happy Subaru brought the STi back with an option between sedan and hatchback.  I love it's aggressive front, the obnoxious spoiler, and the loud rally exhaust when it breathes.  This car was just meant to be an asshole, and it seems like a lot of rich, spoiled, bratty Asians drive it.  Well, I decided, I will let those kids have it.  For now, I can always dream of driving my lightning black Subie, with gold rims, my bigger turbo pushing 20 psis, and the huge exhaust which would breathe through.  I want one...


Once again, not my video people, but enjoy.

So I'm assuming you have watched the video.  And I really wanted to compare the two cars...and honestly you can't.  One is meant to go straight, the other is meant to go into corners...fast.  So it's like comparing apples and oranges, you just can't.  

In the beginning, I just wanted to show everyone my top 50 list, and now, after adding this second car.  I'm going to tell which one I would choose each week as well.  And as for these two vehicles, who would come out victorious in my eyes...well folks, that's the WRX STi.  Let's hope next weeks contender has a chance.  

No comments:

Post a Comment