Saturday, December 17, 2011

Obscure Music Saturday

This week's obscure artists of the week is the band Eisley.  The story behind Eisley is as follows: 

The band was formed in 1997 when Chauntelle and Sherri began creating music together after having been inspired by bands like the Beatles, Jeremy Enigk, and Radiohead. Younger sister Stacy (who was then 8 years old) became frustrated over their insistence that she was too young to be a part of the band and wrote her own song without their help before she was inducted. Their brother Weston (who was then 10 years old) soon joined the band as the drummer. Jonathan Wilson, a family friend, was brought on to play bass.

Yeah, I grabbed that off of Wikipedia.  I have a general idea about Eisley, but there is just way too many intricate details about this band.  I just didn't want to miss too much of it.  Anyway, on to the music.  Eisley is a great band.  I first witnessed them at a Rooney concert honestly.  They opened for the band, and after the first 3 songs, well it was just plain amazing, I was just hooked from the beginning.  It's funny really.  I would have rather seen them play than Rooney.  Was never a huge Rooney fan, but it was nice to be introduced to Eisley, since then, I have purchased three of their CDs, and like it said above, lots of influence of Radiohead and the Beatles.  However, I think the best part about the band was, after the Rooney concert, me and Anthony left a little before Rooney finished their set, and guess what?  I met two of the band members.  Lead singer Sherri Dupree and Stacy Dupree, they are tall, and by the way.  Sherri is gorgeous.  Almost Kina caliber gorgeous.  I don't know, I have a thing for female musicians.  Anyway.  It was a pleasure meeting the two, and I told them I just became a fan, and was looking to purchase merchandise.  It was awesome meeting those ladies.  Texas girls are sweet.  So now, almost a year later, I will be seeing the Eisley group one more time in Philly.  March won't come quick enough.  I'm super excited!!

Enjoy the video ladies and gents...it's awesome.




No comments:

Post a Comment