Tuesday, October 30, 2012

T-Swizzle

So I don't usually do music reviews.  However my sister gave me a copy of the new Taylor Swift album, and well, I'm just going to give you my opinion on it.  Cause seriously, you can't just rate and review an artist without pissing someone off, cause we all have our own opinion of music.  So just a forewarning, this is just my review of this album.  If you don't like it, you don't like it, if you like it...well awesome, but seriously, you are your own best judge, so go out there and listen to that jib.

I came into listening to this album because, well lets face it, We are Never Ever Getting Back Together has been playing like crazy on the radio.  I don't know, I'm also some what infatuated with T-Swift and her bubblegum Country-Pop.  Yes she makes songs about her old boyfriend, yes its most of the time, yes she can be kinda petty, and yeah, it's probably most of the time not good.  Actually...dating Taylor might be a detriment to your dating life...I still go out with her I think.  Yeah, I would.

Okay anyway back to the album.  So there are a lot of songs on here that sound very similar, but there are a lot of songs that make me smile a bit.  22, and Stay, Stay, Stay are cute songs.  It's not the best album I've ever heard, heck it's not even her best album out of all the ones she has made...personally Fearless is my favorite of the 4 albums that she has made.  But like I said this album isn't so bad, it's okay.

Oh, an observation that I've made on this album, I'm beginning to think Taylor wants out of country so bad that she wants to go the hipster route.  You made not believe this, but the album to me has an indie feel, she even mentions about wearing her best hipster clothes, wearing plaid, and even talks about indie records being much cooler than hers.  Whether you believe it or not, that's what this album is turning into...heck that's what she's turning into I think.  However these are my own little observations, and well this album has remind me of that.  So with that...enjoy the album, and enjoy T-Swizzle's latest.  It's not bad, and it's not great, but still enjoyable for some country-indie-pop.


No comments:

Post a Comment