Thursday, October 25, 2012

iPod Music

It has been exactly 6 weeks, 6 days, and 7 hours and 47 minutes to finish listening to all my songs on my iPod.  All 3,815 songs.  It took a very long time, a Boston trip, back and forth to Dave's in Rahway, many hours listening to it a work, approximately 6 hours each day at work.  It's finally over, finally.  Cause I've been dying to listen to some songs on repeat, I can't wait to start all over again tomorrow.  No skip Tuesday turned into a 2 month project, and what have I learned from this?  I listen to a shit ton of music that no one else probably would.  I like that.  With that in mind, I just purchased the Lumineers' vinyl, I'm pretty positive a majority of people out there heard the song, Ho Hey, it's a great album, and I don't know why, but I'm a big fan of the vinyl records.  LP is where is at.  I also purchased the Jamie Cullum album, The Pursuit.

Anyway, back to the music, so this iPod is over, and now as I continue back to the front, I love the eclectic nature of it.  The last handful of songs ranged from country - Deena Carter, rap - Kanye West, Rock - Rush, Progressive Rock - Dream Theater, pop - Katy Perry, Indie - Band of Horses...and more. Awesome good times.  It makes the work day go by, and I like listening to that instead of the monotonous sound of keyboards typing away and people complaining about work.  Cause seriously I can do that on my own.  

The iPod brought back a lot of memories.  Especially those from middle school and high school.  I miss the early 90s rock/alternative/grunge period.  However I do like me my new stuff as well.  I can't believe how much hip hop and rap I have as well.  It's good times.  I don't really have a top ten of songs, there's just way too many.  But songs that I've been listening to a lot lately.  

10. Lumineers - Ho Hey


9.  Taylor Swift - We are Never Ever Getting Back Together


8.  Beck - Where it's At


7.  Jay-Z and Kanye West - N*ggas In Paris


6.  The Airborne Toxic Event - Chagnging


5. Rush - Tom Sawyer


4. Kansas - Carry on my Wayword Son


3.  Garth Brooks - The Thunder Rolls


2. Nirvana - Heart Shaped Box


1. Kina Grannis - Gone

No comments:

Post a Comment