Monday, October 22, 2012

Happy Birthday to Me!

Well...I'm finally 28 years young.  I'm officially through to my late 20s.  What have I learned?  Well first of all I've learned that my family is amazing.  They have been there for me before, and they will always be there for me.  Wasn't the first thing that I've learned, but I know for a fact that it is one of the most important things in life. Thanks Fam.  Second thing I've learned from my life.  I have the greatest friends on earth.  I know, you think you're friends are amazing, but I'm definitely feeling my friends are definitely way cooler.  Sorry that's mean.  Awful.  But they are...  Lastly, age is just a number, and I know I'm getting older, but things can only get better with age...like a great scotch.  That's just how that works.

So lets talk about my birthday celebration with my friends.  It was a great day for a foodie tour and you know what...each restaurant was amazing.  And my little foodie log that my friends gave me helped a ton.  So first place we headed to was Chelsea's Market.  It was delicious, and when i say delicious, the places that we hit.  Meatloaf sandwich, awesome breads, pistachio gelato, and the coup de grâce a 2 pound lobster.  It was the sweetest and juiciest lobster I've had in a long time.  Seriously, it was great.  That's all we need.  However, it wasn't.

A Salt and Battery was next, the best fish and chips in America, and guess what.  It really is.  And being Zagat rated is a great sign.  We had the chips butty, the sole, and bangers.  Delicous, all of it, and the best part, it was served by an Englishman who had the same birthday as I.  It was neat.  However, this is for Dave and Jay.  So supposedly that english row is own entirely by the same owner of all the stores there, and guess what.  All the Englishmen, hired actors.  My bro laughed at me when I told him I thought it was the real deal.  I was wrong, or was I.  I just don't know.  But usually I trust Wei on these things, especially since he was the one that recommended it to me.  

Next, Marlow and Sons.  This has to be one of the greatest restaurants on earth.  I'm glad we had gone and sat there and enjoyed one of the best brunches ever.  Duck hearts and scramble eggs.  A pork belly sandwich, that was just plain old amazing, with pan seared apples and a runny egg.  What is that I hear...amazing.  Oh, and yeah definitely try their oysters, another great meal.  And last but not least, how about that pork terrine.  I've had a few terrine in my time, but I don't remember ever having anyone fry it, cause yeah this was awesome.  My favorite restaurant of all time.  It was the greatest, I mean that.  

Last and not least 32 degrees, a Korean style cafeteria restaurant.  It's Korean, nothing more can be said, everyone got a little something and we all shared.  It was a good time, amazing.  Thanks friends.  

Well the rest of the evening was kinda hazy...kinda like the Moors of Scotland.  






--------------------Scene Missing---------------------


The Ducky Tie Challenge.  So I finally caught the episode of HIMYM of the Ducky Tie, since this is what I received from my friends as a gift  I've decided to give myself a little challenge.  Every Friday I plan on pulling the Ducky Tie challenge, I will wear a suit every Friday, everywhere I go I will where that ducky tie.  It's happening, done and done.  I definitely have to do it.  Nay, I will do it.  "CHALLENGE...ACCEPTED!!"


No comments:

Post a Comment