Monday, October 8, 2012

One Year Ago Today and One Long Weekend

It seems not too long ago I just started this blog, and to this day, I'm still typing and I still have readers reading this.  I still have my soapbox, and I can't believe the fact that people reading this are reading this.  First things first.  Thank you to all my readers, you keep this thing going and that's why I write.  Is it boring, probably, and I feel really bad.  So my apologies, do I like doing that?  No, so I'll try to keep things interesting, and getting suggestions?  Well it doesn't hurt, so give a shout out if you want to see or hear anything different.  1 year ago huh?  One year ago, I was in Amsterdam at this time, walking to my favorite singers concert and heading towards the Paradiso.  It was a magical experience for me and an experience I'll never forget.  In that one year span, I grew up a crap ton.  Things are different, things still look different, and some people and friends have come and gone.  I've learned to accept that, and I've learned that change is the way of life, I said it before and I've said it again.  Change is what makes us human, and makes us who we are.  You need change to grow.  Remember that.

And with that in mind, I'm looking for a huge change of pace in my life.  The next step is this restaurant business of mine.  It has been an extremely long and tiring weekend.  I've drove over 600 plus miles in one day, and then continued to do some more driving.  I'm glad I like driving, cause if I didn't i'm pretty positive I be car sick.  So first things first.  Saturday at 4:00 a.m.  Woke up, and prepared myself for the long drive.  And please believe, it was excruciating long.  However, I'm glad that I enjoy driving, and the 6 hour drive to Boston was nice.  However a little surprise to my day, my sister came with.  Yup, she didn't want me to be alone, so it was really sweet and awesome of her to come.  I can't really thank her enough.  She really didn't say much, and we didn't really talk a lot, but she made it more bearable with company.

So 3 hours in, we stopped in CT for some breakfast.  I had me some eggs Benadict, and my sis had some french toast.  It wasn't the greatest breakfast or Eggs Bendict ever, but it was good enough.  Folks, i'm just so beat tonight, soooo...part 1 of...I don't know.

No comments:

Post a Comment