Monday, March 26, 2012

Weekend Continued

As you may know already, I had a pretty epic weekend due to that foodie tour I did in NYC, however what I didn't tell you was that the day didn't just end with the foodie tour in NY.  In fact it was just beginning.  After getting back to Dave's we decided to hit up an auction joint.  What you don't know is that, Dave and Steffie have been telling me about this place for a while now, and all I've wanted to do for the past few weeks is get a samurai sword.  And now that I was there, I was determine to bid and win one.

Well after sitting through about 2 hours worth of waiting, and wading through copious amounts of non-sense splattered with pretty cool things in between.  The swords finally came out.  Oh man, this was the time I was waiting for.  A few went by, and then finally, I saw the one I knew I wanted.  Whether it was battle ready or not I couldn't tell.  However, I liked the hilt and handle, I also thought the extra carry bag was neat.  I didn't want to pay 50 for it, and I sure as heck didn't want to pay 40 for it, but when I saw it for 30, I tried to lowball the gentleman and throw it for 20.  That didn't work so I went 30.  In then end I won the bid, however, not without stupidly trying to outbid myself one more time.  Ugh, I'm an idiot.  Hahaha.  Oh well, that's the way it goes, and that's just how I roll I guess.  To me a win is a win.  

Now here I am with a brand new samurai sword at home, and what do I want to do now?  Well, the first thing I'm doing is buying an Accusharp Knife/Sword Sharpener.  I'm getting this thing sharpened where I can cut whatever I want in half.  Is it stupid?  Duh, of course it is.  Will it kill zombies in one slice?  It damn well better, cause I'm getting a ton of books on bushido and sword work.  I want to be able to slice and dice zombies if they ever come to life.  I'm not messing around, and please believe, that sword is going to be a last resort, cause my guns will come first.  I just keep thinking the swords is going to be a smart decision on everyone's part.  I don't know how long a zombie apocalypse would last, but I want to be able to survive one as long as possible.  

As you can see, I may be crazy, but I blame TV and movies for all my idiotic thoughts.  Especially since all I want to do is just be able to defend myself.  Now since I have one, I would love to have another one.  And it looks as though I might have another set in mind.  Even though me and Dave missed out on an epic set that we had seen there, I'm not too worried since I've seen the same set on Amazon.com for a cheaper price.  So no loss Davie Boy.  ^___^  However, I did find another sword set for 65 and supposedly this sword cuts through fingers right out of the packaging, and you know what that means.  This thing is born battle ready, and Wei is looking to get one of these bad boys.  

Oh, and another thing, before we go bashing Wei about how katanas or any samurai swords for that matter are terrible zombie killing equipment...yes I already know that.  But this is if I have no other choice.  I pray that there will be no zombie apocalypse and I'm just a nerdy guy that watches way too much anime/Walking Dead/"Place Zombie Movie here."

  

No comments:

Post a Comment