Thursday, March 15, 2012

That's my Last Meal?

Lately I've been writing pretty depressing things.  Between Kony and my need to have and want things, it looks pretty bleak on good old Wei's bloggy blog.  So tonight I'm writing a little something more uplifting and a little more happier.  What could I be writing about you ask?  Well honestly, the topic of the night is...last meals.  Hypothetical of course.  If you were on your life's end, what would you choose?  Check out the list below for my choices.  Just a forewarning, I have no favorites really.  These are just random, and honestly, it be very difficult for me to put these in order.  So no particular order, and the taste, well as you will see, it's very eclectic.

10. Steak Dinner

Look it's the dinner of choice for so many Americans, whether you have the porterhouse, a filet mignon, flank, skirt, strip, ribeye (my personal favorite).  Maybe with a side of potatoes and some veggies.  It is known to be one of the best dinners you will ever have.  Cook it up your favorite way, and you have one of the best meals ever.  I don't know what it is, but the visceral feel of cutting up your meat, and chewing it like a cave man, well it just makes you feel like a man.  And nothing beats a great steak than having a great drink with it.  I prefer a nice single malt scotch at this point.  Maybe a nice high ball glass of Glenfiddich aged 21 years to finish the meal.  Perfection, that's what I call a manly man's last meal.  Delicious.  


Look, if you can look at this and not get hungry, there's a problem with you, and if you're a vegetarian...sorry, but you're missing out on some tasty tasty murder.  Once again...sorry.

9.  Fried Chicken

I don't care who makes it, where it's made, or how it's made.  As long as I got a nice crispy bite from my first bite, and it's extremely savory, with a hint of love to it.  That last one was a joke, but it's really not.  Seriously, fried chicken is the most amazing meal ever.  And you add a side of mash potatoes, mac and cheese, cole slaw, a buttermilk biscuit, and an extra large sweet tea ice tea, you have yourself one nice finish to life.  Seriously, it's a great last meal.  I take it.  


Juicy in every bite, with a nice crispy skin...I want fried chicken now.  Jebus.
8. BBQ

I don't care what kind of barbecue I'm having, as long as it is finger licking good.  I love me a great set of ribs, an awesome cut of BBQ chicken, awesome slices of brisket and burnt ends, and lastly some tasty tasty pulled pork, or even whole hog.  You ever get that BBQ, and you taste that first bite, and it's just an amalgamation of savory, spicy, and sweet, with all that lovely carnivores flavors in your mouth.  It's nothing but an explosion of flavors.  How can I say no to this meal?  I can't that's why it's on the list.  Go out there and try to find the best BBQ possible, it'll be worth it.  Seriously.  


Nom, nom, nom...best part of the pig, cheeks.  Try it.
7. Dim Sum

I don't know why.  I really like dim sum.  I don't have it often, but when I do, I enjoy all the little intricate details behind it all.  Between serving tea to all your friends, talking and laughing, choosing the little mini dishes that roll around in the carts.  Freaking your friends out by eating chicken feet, taro cake, just thinking about it makes me want to have dim sum right now.  Oh man, and pork dumplings.  It's a nice last meal to reminisce about the life you had, talk to your closest family and friends, and just enjoy the time with each other.  


I know it's suppose to be a little at a time, however when I go to dim sum with Anthony, this is how the spread usually looks, but it always ends in a good time.

6. Sushi

Yeah, it's on here.  And I'm not talking about that Americanized version, where every roll is a specialty roll, by the way, that's good as well.  However, I'm talking about that whole Japanese real deal sushi experience.  Where it's just you and the sushi roller.  He chooses all your dishes, and you don't add soy sauce and wasabi.  You don't dilute the real sanctity of how sushi should really happen.  Instead, you enjoy the cleanliness of the fish and the soft melody of the rice and lingering flavors of the sauce that is included with a brush to add to the rice.  The intricate details of it all.  Oh yeah, that's how I wan't it to end.  



*Sigh*...now I want sushi.

5. Sandwiches

I come from Philly, and there are few important sandwiches that we make that I enjoy.  Between the pork sandwiches and the cheesesteaks that are created.  It's pretty amazing, and well, I don't just enjoy old school sandwiches, but I enjoy the newness and freshness that I haven't had all the sandwiches that I could.  Sandwich that I would really love to have, Katz's Deli pastrami sandwich.  Oh man, a $16 sandwich has to be worth it right?  Of course it does, of course it does.  


4. Gelato

Maybe as a desert, however I don't care.  Gelato is delicious.  Ten times better than regular ice cream.  Due to the lower fat content in the gelato, and the extra air taken out, it gets a creamier, and smoother texture and it's delicious.  I don't know, I had it last weekend, and it was great.  I just need an i.v. of it.  Oh man, I need to get some gelato now.  Why am I writing this at night?  I'm killing myself here.  


3. Pasta

I don't care what it is, how it is.  But pasta is the shit.  Whether it is in a blush sauce, alfredo, or pesto.  Pasta goes with anything.  I actually have a craving for gnocchi's, gnocchi's and alfredo sauce.  I don't know, I like the creamy cheese sauces.  However, nothing beats fresh pasta and a little marinara.  Oh man, dang...that would be an epic meal.  With a crusty Italian roll, and some olive oil.  Oh yeah.  That's how I want it all to end.  


2. Korean BBQ

It's not like regular BBQ, Korean BBQ is awesome.  It's different, BBQ with an Asian twist.  Soy sauces, and all those little mini appetizer dishes in the beginning.  Kalbi, bimbimbap, and bulgogi...all that good jazz.  I don't know what it is about it. It has some intricacies that you don't know until you try it.  I think I be satisfied if this was a last meal...yeah.  Definitely satisfied.  


1. Thanksgiving Dinner

Aaahhhhh yess...the last and greatest meal on earth would be the epic family Thanksgiving dinner.  And I don't mean just the bird.  I want it all.  Turkey, stuffing, casseroles, ham, sides, everything.  I don't know what it is about this meal.  However it's my favorite one throughout the year.  I just love love love Thanksgiving dinner.  I like it even better than Chinese New Year dinner.  So if I were to die in a few days, and I had to choose my last me, Thanksgiving is it.  

I make a mean turkey





3 comments:

  1. agree agree except for thanksgiving! maybe cuz I haven't tried ur turkey lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. love gelato. just wish it was cheaper!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gelato is awesome! We don't have enough in S. Jersey. Hahaha, and yes...my turkey is awesome. I brine it and everything. ^___^

    ReplyDelete