Monday, March 5, 2012

The Hachi Roku Obsession

I don't know what it is, I don't know how to explain it.  However, my obsession and love for the AE86 has returned once again.  I've been dying to purchase one of these vehicles for the last 10 years.  And I feel like I'm at a point in my life where I can legitimately get one and cruise around in it.  I don't know what it is, but once again, I've been bitten by the Trueno bug, and I can't get my mind off it.

So what is the hachi roku?  Well if you know just the slightest amount of Japanese, then you are one step above everyone else.  Hachi stands for 8 and roku?  Well that stands for 6.  Hence the 8-6 or ae86.  What does that mean?  Well that's something you have to know about the car.  The A = engine type (4ag), the E = Corolla, 8 = the fifth generation, and the 6 = the variation within this car's generation.  The car has been a thing of beauty for years, and now once again, it has crept into the back of my mind, and it's begging me to purchase one.  I've recently found one in the Bronx, NY, however I can't justify spending $9,500 on a car older than 25 years?  The original price on these cars back in 1985 was $11,500.00 fully loaded.  Why 9,500 for this one?  Well I guess the 20 valve 4ag engine makes a big difference, and adding a turbo, will give it that killer instinct.  However, I still can't justify it.  So I'll continue to look for one.  Honestly, it's insane of me too look for something like this right now.  However you know what they say.  It's nice to touch and it's nice to hold, but once it's broken it's considered sold.  I don't know what it means...I'm losing it.

Well, I'm going to say it again, I've been tire for the last week now.  It's taking it's toll, this job.  I kinda need something different in my life, cause right now work is becoming a struggle.  The stress of getting everything done on time, and making everyone happy is hurting, but I know I got a job, and I'm making the money I need too, for now.

So as of the rest of this blog, enjoy the video, and pics of one of the most beautiful cars I have ever laid eyes on.

No comments:

Post a Comment