Saturday, May 25, 2013

The Dumb Shit I Do

You know, I've done a lot of dumb crap in my life.  Am I the most spontaneous person?  No, I'm very logical at the shit I choose and things I think about.  Hell, I like to believe I have a plan for everything.  So what happens when I don't think and just do?  Well, let begin with the basics shall we...

Yesterday was a day I said...oh screw it.  I'm just going to take off today.  So I had the notion that, well if I do this, I'm just going to do it.  Off work and no crazy particular plan.   I took off, and decided, hell it's time to do my own thing.  I spent the majority of my morning looking for chef knives and looking for something to do for the day.  Coming through the clutch?  David with a plan.  Because he took a half day, I decided to come up and have myself a little visit.  The start to a beautiful "Oyster" Day.  As you may or may not know, Oyster day is the day I say, oh fuck it, I do what I want, and the world is my oyster.  However on this special Oyster day Dave convinced me of two things, the internet sucks, and it's ruining people's lives.  The second being, I probably should go to Europe with him and have the greatest time ever.  I decided...yes the internet does suck, and yes.  I will go to Europe.

Here we go again folks, 2011 I went to Amsterdam for the very first time.  And in 2013.  I'm back on my European tour.  The city of Lights, and London itself.  It's going to be pretty magical.  And I'm all about that excitement right now.  I wanted something different, and being spontaneous like this, well it just seems like the most intelligent and logical move ever.  Am I going to enjoy myself on this trip?  You know god damn well I am.  I just honestly can't believe it's happening again to me, and I just can't believe it's happening this soon.  Welcome back, welcome back to something that is going to be out of this world and amazing.  Oh man, I can't believe I'm doing it.  Weird, but should be awesome.

Now, the post wouldn't be called dumb shit I do for a reason.  As I sit out here typing this, I realized two things.  I suck at drunken Jeopardy and that always leads me to do something idiotic, and you should never eat a 24 oz. steak like you're eating a 12 oz.  I gotta stop doing that.  However last night what do I go and do.  Hit up Arthur's Steakhouse and purchase myself a delicious and beautifully cut 24 oz., and of course right after that, I play stupid sloppy drunken Jeopardy.  It's a thing I do I guess.  I'm learning to accept this in life, and learning that...well.  I'm not the smartest guy out there.  Honestly, I'm actually a pretty dumb person, smart when I have to be, but just happy go lucky enough to be dumb enough for my own good.

So that leaves me in the position I'm in now.  As I woke up this morning, roughly around 4:45 a.m.  I said, okay I'll be quiet enough to pack my shit, and fold my sheets, and head on out.  Lo and behold, as I have everything prepped, and ready to leave I do three things.  Grab my Macbook Charger, my ducky tie, and lock the lock on the front door.  What I didn't do was grab my keys to my car.  Now I'm stuck outside Dave's apartment without my keys and with my laptop.  However, I'm not very far away, because I still have access to his internet, and a wall charger.  ^___^  Thank god, I swear if I didn't have bad luck, I wouldn't have any luck at all.  That's how that goes I guess...

Slainte,
Wei

I just like listening to Kina Talk...she's smart.

No comments:

Post a Comment