Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Just Don't Think About It

Easier said than done.  I'm trying not to think too much.  Trying not to let my brain wander where it shouldn't.  However, I am and will continue to do so.  Instead, my head will think of something that I'm not suppose to at all, and because of that, my work will suffer, i.e. today.  It's always that exciting feeling, and I guess, well I guess I got that feeling.  I don't know how long it's going to last, but man, sometimes it's that best feeling.

Well, I have a few big things coming up, this weekend is very important.  I gotta make sure this place is the place of all places.  I don't want to go in thinking that it's good, but turns out to be a money pit, draining every single funds that I have.  I'm very excited about the place, and this is my chance.  Time to take the next leap of faith.

I'm sitting here watching Bar Rescue, I've realized what fear can do to people, and how much people can be manipulated by it.  I guess owning your own business.  Actually, it's not just business, however I guess life in general.  Asking that special someone, or even getting that job you think you can't do.  I guess fear controls a lot.

Man, this is the where my heart is at right now, oh geez.

So I was listening to Preston and Steve today and they had a really awesome discussion.  Lets say it came down to it.  You had to either choose between your hearing or your sight.  A lot of people would say they would rather keep their sight, and lets think about this.  Yes, you'll still see all those spectacular colors, the faces of love ones.  You gotta imagine keeping your sight would be pretty amazing.

However, lets say that your sight or sound is taken from this point on, and not from birth.  Wouldn't it be more interesting now?  So lets say that you have all your memories of the sights you've taken in.  Wouldn't you want to keep your abilities to listen instead?  I think I would prefer to be blind than deaf.  I rather continue to be able to hear my daughter or son, my wife, my friends.  That's the thought I keep running in my head.  Imagine not hearing your children's first word.  It's definitely a thing to think about.

However once again, being blind is something not to sneeze about.  You definitely would be missing a lot.

I smile every time I watch that video.  It makes you realize how precious everything is in life.  Don't take anything for granted folks.  Just saying is all.  And with that...

Enjoy the sights and sounds of a song from Ms. Grannis herself.  She's amazing, and I definitely don't want to miss anything she puts out.


No comments:

Post a Comment