Thursday, March 14, 2013

That's What a Man Does

What has happened?  What happened to men being men in this county?  It looks like everywhere I look, dudes aren't tough enough.  It seems our action actors are being played by some sort of Aussie or some sort of European.  Back in my day, I remembered Chuck Norris, Sly Stallone, and even Bruce Willis.  Who do we have now?  Matt Damon?  Yeah...that's all I can really think of.  That makes me sad, because in all honesty, this is the culture we live in now.  We live in the world and culture of the metrosexual.  Oh boy...

Okay, so first things first.  I'm not roughest man, I'm not into the cowboy boots and hats.  Hell, I'm part of that metrosexual movement.  I'm not going all the way with the metrosexual idea, but being clean, smelling nice, and dressing nice.  Is that such a bad idea?  No absolutely it is not.  I always figured if you work hard, you definitely have to play hard.  Why not looking nice while doing it though.  You have to clean up nice as well.  I guess that's where that's going.  Hmmm...if you think about it, I'm actually a lot metrosexual.  Fuck.

So how did it become like this?  Why did it become like this?  Where did this wussification of the man come from?  Why are they here?  Aren't the younger generation worried about not looking tough anymore?  Worried about being manly men?  Who is to blame for all of the wussy crap?  Why has our country of strong manly men...well dwindled?  Here are my three reasons why I believe we just gave up on the thought.

1. Technology:  That's right I said it, technology in the end is fucking us over.  You have kids glued to the magic box, playing their video games, and watching their programs.  Kids aren't out their running and playing.  I remember as a child playing wiffle ball with my friends and kickball as a kid.  Hahaha, I even remember watching my friend hitting a tennis ball into a window and smashing it.  Nowadays though, kids have their technology, their iPads, iPhones, mypads, and so on and so forth.  It's time we need to walk a little, get lost, play, read a book even, be a man.  Get dirty, get muddy, grind, do the things we don't do anymore.  Yeah, technology is killing us, this is how the robots are going to win.  We all want it to be zombies, but it's going to be robots.

2.  Girls:  I don't care how many hate emails, or messages I get, girls are fucking up our manliness.  I know what you're thinking, girls want manly guys, they want us to be rough and tough like my afro puff...please.  Fuck that.  No they don't, they want to be wined and dined, they want to go to a theater show, they want to see fancy things, they want to be taken to a farmers market, they want us to dress up and look nice.   The list goes on and on and on.  Yeah, I'm saying it, and no, I'm not taking it back.  Don't get me wrong though, a little culture doesn't kill anyone, but man you're messing with my brain, and I feel if it wasn't for the influence of a woman, I wouldn't be turning out like this.  That's my way of thinking.

3.  Hipsters:  Freaking hipsters.  Now you gotta be wondering, why am I bashing the hipsters.  I'll tell you why.  The hipsters are a mixture of both tech and girls together.  You get influenced by the hot hipster chick that wants you to stay in and type that next bla(h)g! so that they can read it.  I'm being hunkered down by the two things.  However it's also the fact that being a hipster is being what you want to do, when you want to do it, how you want to do it.  You want to be cool, and being a hipster is kinda being cool.  That's what's happening, the world is being taken over by these laissez faire attitude hipsters.  Doing what you want to do, and not interfering with what needs to go on.

Take it or leave it, America is being wussified, and yeah, the younger generation is to blame, and so are  tech, women, and hipsters.  Let the bashing begin.  I can't wait to hear this.

Name that Hero?  It's pretty easy.

No comments:

Post a Comment