Sunday, March 31, 2013

OYSTER DAY!!!

These past couple of weekends have been pretty awesome, I've gone to Harold's, hung out with Dave and Jay and Co., gone out on wacky adventures, and made some epic meals for my family.  Life has been pretty good, well except for the work part of course.  Things could always be better on that end, however, I'm striving to make changes, that's the goal at least.  However with all this in mind, I think the last weekend I had was amazing.  Oyster Day, those are the days I look forward to, and well, this Oyster Day may have been the best one out of them all.  The day started with us riding down to AC, for once, it was a gambling day where we brought nothing but good energy and Karma.  No parking on level 5 or 8, instead went into a one way direction and parked on level 1.  Wasn't the greatest of starts...but hell, Oyster Day.

We enter the building and start moving forward, and to continue the growth of bad luck, I leave my phone in the car, and rush back to go get it.  From here on out, it can only get better right?  Sure, sure...so the first thing we do.  Hit up a slot machine for Dave to play, good old penny slots.  Dave plays his share, and off to Keno.  Why Keno?  Why the hell not?  The world was our Oyster.  We could do whatever we want.  So off to the Keno table we went...and of course...no luck, dang.  Off to the real thing, table games.

We played a few rounds of roulette at open ends, however with the idea of having tables being 10 minimums, and only being allowed to play with 5 dollar chips on the inside, well it went fast.  However me and Dave won a few, and it kept us alive.  I watched Dave play a little longer, however it was just right before we hit up for lunch that's where I feel I made a huge run.  Started with just $60, and playing to keep alive, Dave and me choose 35, thirty-five being my number, and for some odd reason, I just don't want to give it up.  When Dave finally runs out of chips, and I promised him I play my last and final hand, well let's just say, having about 10 dollars on 35 didn't hurt, and the chip playing in front of it?  Yeah, not to shabby at all.  Now Dave preaches that he's the cooler.  However what Dave doesn't know is, he's my good luck charm.  I never win when Dave is not around, and even though he yells it, I don't want to gamble without Dave, that's when I win the biggest, 300 last time and almost 400 this time, it's not the hugest pot, however it's pretty big, considering that I'm always down 5 or 6 hundred.  You're not the cooler Dave, you're my good luck charm.  I need you there bud.

After the big win, I watched Dave play quite a few hands of blackjack...oh how I wanted to gamble more.  The thing I hate most, watching people gamble and not being able to play as well.  Ohhh...torture.  I feel bad Davie H. didn't win, however only $40 lost isn't that bad.  Afterwards, headed towards dinner, tried out that new rodizio place.  Not bad, not bad at all.  Is it Fogo or Chima, fudge no.  However the place is good for something in NJ, and you definitely cannot beat that.

All I can say is that Oyster Day was a major success...however it's this next portion that Dave has got me wondering.  He/them...I don't know.  They want me to set up this 10 year High School reunion.  Supposedly I'm the face of this operation...smh, I don't know why.  However I'm always up for a new adventure.  I've gotten in contact with a few of our student government reps, and well.  No reply yet, however this should be interesting.  I haven't really thought about high school in a while.  It will be nice though seeing some kids running back and forth, seeing where everyone has been.  I really want the 20 year one.  But beggars can't be choosers I guess...I should be glad I'm still alive for this 10 year one.  Anywhoo, I guess I'll start planning.  It's weird, for all the crappy things I put together, I'm really surprised the fellas want me to organize this.

I'm missing the Kina things in my life.  Can't wait for her new album to drop...until then, take a listen to her new cover.  Amazing.


No comments:

Post a Comment