Sunday, November 25, 2012

I'm Thankful for Change

Well, I've been missing these last few weeks.  Sorry everybody, it has been hectic in my world, and yes who the hell am I that anyone of you people should care.  You shouldn't I'm nobody.  Just some guy who's trying to make the world a little better.  I don't know how.  I'm just trying to, move out of the way everybody, the "Decider," is on his way through.  

Anyway, Thanksgiving week is nearly over.  A majority of us shall be back to work tomorrow, and I know we can all be thankful for having the jobs that we have.  I guess...However what else is there for us to be thankful for?  I know, I know, we shouldn't just be thankful on this one day of the year, however it's just this time of the year that makes you reflect you know.  

I've been saying a lot lately that I'm looking forward to this change that is coming in my life.  Lots of people are telling me, just because going somewhere different will not make things that much different now.  I don't know about that though, I like that in the end, I will be forcing myself to make new friends.  As of now, I got that feeling that I'm just stuck in a rut.  Feels like more and more I'm going back to my alcoholic ways...well okay not really but drinking alone at a bar with no friends suck sometimes.  But you really do get to meet some interesting characters at a bar when you're with no one else.  So yes, I am thankful for that as well.  I like the experience of drinking at a bar and people watching and talking to the locals at my local dive/watering hole.  

I'm also thankful for my old company, Phelan.  They gave me the push I needed to really make the choices that are quickly approaching me.  I guess, these last few years I really haven't been the all I can be Wei.  However, Wei's back!  Hahaha...Wei's back.  I'm thankful for Black Fridays where all I do is drink champagne and mimosas.  I'm Thankful for cyber Mondays where I can do my shopping without the hassle of dealing with all the shoppers from Black Friday.  I'm thankful as always for Family and Friends of course.  I'm thankful for a ton of shit. 

So why is it that I need change?  Because becoming complacent will never get you anywhere in life.  I want that challenge.  It's the only way to grow.  I don't want to fail, but at the same time I can't fear the reaper, that will eventually lead to my downfall and failure.  This will eventually lead me back to everything I need to do in life.  EVERYTHING...

Anywhoo...Thanksgiving, this year there was a shit ton of food.  A little too much food.  However, I do enjoy the challenges of cooking a great meal.  I enjoyed the turkey this year.  However, I think it's going to be the maple brine for my next greatest turkey.  I gotta admit though, the whole cooking process this year was awesome, I had a really really good time with it.  I can't wait for the next holiday...Christmas, and it looks like I'm doing a prime rib roast this year.  So I'm very very excited.  Not as much food as Thanksgiving, however it's going to be a lot more different and exciting.  

It's slowly coming to an end everyone.  On to the next holiday I guess.  Bring on Stressmas, and everything that has to go with it.  Time to buy some gifts I guess.  Yay!


No comments:

Post a Comment