Sunday, November 11, 2012

Hmm...That Doesn't Seem Healthy

If you've been reading this thing for a while now.  You know that for a fact I'm not a picky eater.  I like it all.  There's very little that I'm willing not to try, and there is very little that is expected of me.  I think a majority of my friends know how adventurous I am.  Hell...I hate spiders, but I'm willing to eat a tarantula fried and skewered on a stick.  They taste like crab supposedly, I guess I should expect that...they are in the grouped in the same phylum family.

With that in mind, what is it that turns me off?  There has to be something that I hate right?  Something that gives me that gagging feeling when I eat it.  I'm going to try and drop a top 10 list of my hated things.  However, I've been thinking about his for quite some time now, and I still having a difficult time of choosing 10 items, but you know what, still willing to give it a try.  So lets do this thing k?  Okay.  Oh and a quick thing...I've tried a majority of these items.  There may be an item or two I have not tried.

10.  Kimchi 


I love Korean food, and everything about it.  I love the little side dishes, I love the BBQ, I love the dolsot bim bim bap, I love it all.  However when it comes to this one portion of the meal.  Kimchi was never one of my favorites.  I enjoy the spicy nature of the vegetables, however I don't know, this kimchi thing.  It just never worked for me.  It must be that slimy nature of the way it's made.  *shivers* I don't hate it.  I just don't enjoy it too much.  

9.  Cold Kimchi Soup


One more Korean dish.  I just don't enjoy this cold soup when we get it at the restaurant.  Then again I'm not a huge fan of cold soups.  So, you know.  If it looks good eat it.  And I've had tried it.  However this is just another dish I do not enjoy as well.  

8. Rice Pudding


Yeah...it's sometimes too sweet, the consistency is weird to me.  The way it taste...how should I explain this.  Rice isn't suppose to taste like this.  Rice shouldn't be like this at all...and this is just plain wrong.  It's cold, wet, and icky.  God dammit Wei, that's a terrible food criticism evaluation.  I don't like rice pudding.

7.  Sea Cucumbers


Gross...I'm getting a sense of what I really don't like, here are the patterns: slimy consistency, cold things, and a gelatinous being.  I guess I know where I'm going now.  Ugh...gross.

6. Rocky Mountain Oysters


This makes me extremely squeamish.  Just the thought and looking at these things make me feel awful. I get a gut wrenching feel in my stomach...and well.  It also makes my own feel...well not good.  Uh...I'm in pain just thinking about people eating these things.  Ugh...and ouch.

5.  Lutefisk


Cod placed and soaked in lye.  Yes that kind of lye, the thing that cleans drain and being extremely caustic.  I'm definitely afraid of the fact that there is a chemical in this fish that should be killing me, and people are eating this thing like it's bloody candy.  Yup, good old Minnesota.  You're eating some crazy stuff.  Good for you guys.  Good for you guys.  

4.  Bread Shaped as Human Heads


I got no beef with bread, hell, I love the thing.  It's so bloody delicious.  I eat with everything, and it's fantastic.  However, if it's shaped in the styling of a human head, the no.  I don't want to eat this shit.  It's creepy, scary, and no one should be buying these things.  It would be an Asian that would be creating these things in Thailand.  Gross, and scary.  Fudge no I'm not eating this.  

3.  Casu Marzu


Cheese filled with maggots.  Not dead maggots, still alive and disgustingly moving and wriggling around.  That is gross.  I hate maggots, and eating that is just plain disgusting.  No thanks guys, no thanks.  And I would eat anything from Italy...however this isn't one of them.  Gotta pass.  

2.  Canned Cranberry Sauce


Yup going back to that pattern again.  I remember the first time I had cranberry sauce from a can.  It was freaking gross.  I never wanted to eat cranberry sauce again.  It was due to this gelatinous, cold, and wiggly thing.  Gross.  However I learned later on down the line that freshly made cranberry sauce is amazing.  I love it.  Especially on my Bobit sandwich.  Yum-O!

1. Durian 


Durian doesn't even taste that bad.  It's actually pretty good.  However, it's the smell of this thing.  It's the smell of rotting onions in a laundry bag full of dirty socks.  It's gross, and I've never been able to get pass that smell. I've tried it, and I never want to go back to it.  O-M-G...gross.  F*cking gross.  


No comments:

Post a Comment