Thursday, December 27, 2012

It has Been a While

Ughh...this has taken way too long.  Sorry for anybody actually reading this thing.  Lots of things have happened in my life these last two months, and I haven't been able to update this thing as much as I've wanted to.  So my sincerest apologies, but if you guys see like 3 or 4 posts within the next day or two...I just have a ton of stuff on my mind is all.  I guess I should start moving forward and getting rid of the formalities.

Anyway, the last thing I've seen must've been around Thanksgiving time.  Since then, I've traveled back up to Boston, and planning my next trip down to Washington.  I don't think Bean Town is for me.  I don't think I can do it there, I'm just thinking too expensive and they aren't really a sandwich-centric city enough to my liking.  Big shout outs to WT and Davie H.  Making the trip ten times better than what it could've been.  And big ups to Wei for almost getting me tickets and driving a majority of the time.  That man is awesome.  By the way, so is Dave for making the dreaded trip just one more time before the end of the year.  Highlight of the trip, messing up on my retail destinations, and enjoying each and every minute of getting lost.  Best feeling ever.

As you may or may not be aware of the situation, there has been a lot going in my life.  Been doing the 12 hour day thing for the last few weeks, just getting tired of it all really.  Business plan still being worked on.  Needing to test out my recipes is another thing, and just trying to come up with new creative ideas in between as well is another thing.  Life has been extremely crazy, however with all this craziness going on in my life, the world hasn't stopped, and the world kept turning.  It has been extremely crazy these last few weeks.  The world didn't end on the 21st, however everything leading up to the 21st would have been predicted otherwise.  Shooting after shooting after shooting.  It dampers the mood of everyone.  The biggest being Sandy Hook Elementary and the chaos the town of Newton, CT. has received.  Kids, this is what our world is facing.  This is a topic I will discuss in a separate blog, but it definitely needed a nod in this coming back home feeling of the blog.

Definitely did not want to miss out on this one, but I went to my first Band of Horses concert, complimentary of Jaypo.  Thanks Posef, I'm glad you knew how into that band I was.  So I just gotta write this down.  Probably one of my favorite concerts this year.  Very close competitor to first place holder, Kina Grannis.  However this even beat out last years number 2, Jay-Z and Kanye West concert.   This band just played and played and played.  They really needed to take a break and just didn't, seriously good stuff.  They played all my favorite songs, basically that first album to me was a god send.  Not going to lie, gotta give a shout out to Ching Ting's friend Kira.  Opened my eyes to this epic band.  Wooo...just amped.

What else...let see, Christmas has passed, and the fact is this.  I spent the most I have ever spent on presents this year.  I think this is the end of spreading this type of Christmas joy.  The next step is going to be a Pollyanna of some sort, a secret Santa if you will.  As our little group of friends continue to grow, it's time for us to re-think how we handle our gift giving options.  However, I am going to miss it.  I have this love hate relationship with Stressmas.  The faces of your friends when you give them an epic gift, that's just priceless, and of course there is that look on your friend's face when you help him choose the most thoughtful gift that could possibly thought of for someone in the group.  Christmas 2012, the end of an era, but at the same time...the beginning to something new and different.

The fresh young face of 2013 is being ushered in a few days.  The old man of 2012 is heading out.  What am I expecting, what should I be expecting, what plans do I have, should I be making any plans? I don't know what 2013 has in stored for me, nor do I want to know.  I do know however that my destiny is in my own hands, and I will be in charge of that.  It's just that all I can do is continue on planning and making the best decisions that I can.  I do know this though, I have no regrets in 2012.  This was actually a very joyous year.  I've done a lot, and lot has been done towards me.  Everything has come back ten folds, and I can only continue that in 2013.  It makes a shit ton of sense of course...of course it does.

Well, with all this in mind, I think I'm going to think of way to segue into the next blog seamlessly...and here we go. . .

No comments:

Post a Comment