Monday, April 30, 2012

Well Well Well

You know, in this road we call life, I'm a firm believer that ever man has to try everything once.  Not that it is bad if you don't', but I think you would live a more exciting life.  Example?  How about having your first alcoholic beverage?  Or how about the first time you learned to drive a car?  It's amazing how many of us take these moments for granted.  However, I think a majority of us remembers it. 

To me the there are just a few of them that are just plain inescapable.  I like to think getting your license and driving for the very first time is one of the biggest things in life.  That's the first time you can look out the window and say...today, I am an adult.  It's the first time when you roll down your windows, blast your music, and say to the world..."Yeah, I rock."  Whether it's in a minivan or a family sedan.  It's whatever man...it's whatever.  But the biggest feeling, the biggest rush...you're free, it spells freedom actually.  Ahh...I love that sweet tender ride for the first time.  

What else do I remember having the first time of?  My very first legal drink.  I've had a many illegal drinks.  However it's the first legal one that I remember very clearly.  I've always been a scotch drinker, but my first legal one was the sweetest.  What a dope, I didn't even order correctly.  Scotch, Walker Red to be exact, on the rocks.  My have things changed, I can't even stomach Red Label by itself anymore, however mix it with some amaretto, and you have yourself a very tasty godfather.  Anyway, times have changed, and my drink of choice is still the same, scotch, double, neat.  Clean, delicious, and an easy way for me to get drunk.  Nice...

Last thing that shapes a person to who they are going to be, well, I guess it isn't the last thing, but to me it's a big thing.  I think my first concert experience is a big thing.  However, it's seeing your idol for the first time that makes it the biggest.  I've seen KG so many times now it has lost all meaning.  However, every time I see her perform, I still get chills.  The only reason why I wanted to learn how to play the guitar was because of her.  She moved me just so I can learn to play an instrument that I always thought I could never do.  I know I'm not the greatest guitar player ever, however, I know a thing or two about a thing or two on the old six string I have.  I guess I really can't thank anyone else but her.  Thanks KG, you may not know it, but your influence stretches long and far, and your music touches peoples' souls.  I lead a different life because of her concert, her music, and in general, herself.  


The above video makes me proud.  I've have been training and raising funds for RTK for the better part of the last 3 months.  Training is getting more intense now, and fundraising is over, but RTK is still here.  I like to thank everyone that personally offered to my charity.  I myself earned a little over $700.  And the above is the total amount from all of us RTKers.  To me it's a great accomplishment, and I made and helped my idol's dream come true.  Thank you all for your generosity.  I truly appreciate it.  

No comments:

Post a Comment