Monday, April 22, 2013

Man Weekend

This weekend was epic.  I learned a lot about myself this weekend, but lets get to that later.  For now, let's see how this begins.  I've started my weekend as I do every weekend it seems.  I guess working, and this weekend wasn't any different.  I got to work and did my couple of hours and finally called it quit.  I just couldn't take it anymore, and so I decided, let the weekend begin.

Now, I don't get much, but I sure as heck will make the best of it, and me and Jay had a man day planned.  The Joy Formidable, what an amazing band.  I found another band I quite enjoy.  However once again, definitely getting ahead of myself.  Lets start with Fette Sau, since it was kinda man day for Jay's birthday, I wanted to take him somewhere special.  So that's exactly where we went.  What did we get?  Well what didn't we get?

1/3 lb Pulled Pork
1/3 lb Brisket
1/3 lb of pork ribs
1 beef rib
1 sausage link

Way too much food for me and Po, a little pricey, but seriously one of the best Cue I've had in a while, especially in a city where I can't get real cue.  Everything was perfect, great pulled pork with my favorite, a nice vinegar sauce.  Oh, and yes they had epic ribs, it's the rib where it didn't just fall off the bone, but instead, when you bite into it you have that snap, and the smoke ring, well it's that ring that makes you smile.  I smiled each and every bite of the way.  Amazing.

After our epic meal where do we go?  Well where else do men go for man day?  Target of course.  Of course we were waiting for some manly entertainment, however I just wasn't in the mood.  I'm actually quite glad we did not go to the gentlemen entertainment.  I think it was time for a change for me.  I made a life changing decision.  I just didn't want to go.  Oh, and that was not the only thing.  I think I hate the hipster culture.  All I ever wanted was to continue wearing my cardigans, scarves, and funny tees.  Now I just look like every other hipster jerk.  I hate this culture.  Go away so I can continue wearing what I like.  Instead, now I have to be a suit and tie guy.  I love my suits, and I know for a fact, no god damn hipster is going to dress like the man.  I still have my suits.  Get out of here hipsters, no one likes you.  Leave the women though, but get rid of everything else.  Dammit, why can't I like what I like without these stupid jerks.  *Sigh*

Let's move to our second portion of the day.  Definitely went to Prohibition Tap Room.  Yeah, it's awesome, Dave would definitely like it, and I definitely did.  Great place to get your drink on, and definitely a foodies place for drinking.  Oh, and you know what really grinds my gears, everyone is now making duck confit.  F*ck you people...f*ck youse.  Anyway, after our awesome drinking experience, we head over to see the Joy Formidable.

I just want to say this now, I don't know who the first two bands are, I wish they would have said their names more clearly, however it just didn't matter.  I got to see who I really came for.  This band was awesome, I don't know what it is, I just love chick rockers, and this band didn't disappoint.  Rhiannon was awesome, and the entire time, I just wanted to scream, "YOU SOUND LIKE YOU'RE FROM LONDON!!!!"  I didn't, but definitely good times.  Whirring lasted a little longer than I liked, but still good.

All in all a fantastic weekend, and next weekend?  Well it can only get better with Cigarfest in sight.


No comments:

Post a Comment