Tuesday, September 25, 2012

The Simpsons

Ahh...The Simpsons, a show that has been near and dear to my heart since childhood.  I grew up watching this show, and I'm pretty sure anyone under the age of 25 has as well.  Quite frankly, kids born in 1988, they don't know what a world without The Simpsons is like.  I'll tell you what, that is a world I don't ever want to be in.

So throughout the years, there have been plenty of episodes with plenty of guest stars.  Some were good, and some, well not so good.  Of course you have your classic and mainstay characters, i.e. Lionel Hutz.  To your one time one and done characters, i.e. Alison Taylor from season 6 who played the grade skipping 2nd grader that did everything better than Lisa.  So lets take a walk down memory lane, I'm gonna name my top 10 special guest characters.


10.  James Taylor

http://www.milkandcookies.com/link/65244/detail/

Oh yeah, James Taylor.  I know what you're thinking, James Taylor?  I'm crazy right?  Nope, it's the greatest thing on earth.  It's also in one of my favorite episodes on the Simpsons as well.  Homer getting a astronaut gig, trying to leave his place in history books.  Yup, that's the idea, and if you cut and paste that clip into the url bar at top, you'll see how good James Taylor really is on this episode, and why he's on my top 10, and why he's on this list of top special guests.

9.  John Waters 



Homer's Phobia, another amazing episode.  How can I explain this.  It's the episode where Homer makes a gay friend, and it's as funny as it sounds.  John Waters is the special guest, and guess what...epic.  Seriously, the episode starts off great, and it ends hilariously when Bart finally finds out that Homer thinks he's gay.  Hahahaha...sweet.

8.  Winona Ryder

Ahhh...Lisa competition.  In Springfield, Lisa is one of the smartest.  MENSA, an all around smart person.  Another great special guest in the Simpson World that would be missed if she didn't come.  It's not the greatest episode, however, it's pretty darn good.  Damn good.  Oh, and I couldn't find a clip of Alison, so watch this clip that was in the episode.  



7.  Jon Lovitz


How many characters can be named from this guy?  Well too many to count really.  Artie Ziff and Jay Sherman, were two big  characters.  Seriously if you haven't seen any older episodes, you better go out there and start watching some, cause you'll miss out on some Jon Lovitz episodes.  Go, go, go...do it now. 

6.  Kelsey Grammer

Yeah, seriously...one character's name...Sideshow Bob.  That is all you need to hear right?  Right.



5.  Joe Mantegna



Fat Tony, what a great character.  So many great episodes.  However seriously, I'm gonna have to say, it has to be when Marge hires the mob for protections.  That episode is awesome.  

4.  Phil Hartman


I miss Phil, I miss the fact that he should still be alive, we should still have Lionel Hutz, Troy McClure, Lyle Lanely, and others.  I miss Phil.  

3.  Baseball Pros...



Greatest episode ever...enjoy.

Now, I know there are two more episodes, but I'm going to let you finish that.  Can you give me two more...I can, but I'm gonna let you finish.  

No comments:

Post a Comment