Monday, August 6, 2012

The Hipster Dream

Hipster, what is it?  How do you explain it?  How do people see it?  Well this is what Urban Dictionary says: Hipsters are a subculture of men and women typically in their 20's and 30's that value independent thinking, counter-culture, progressive politics, an appreciation of art and indie-rock, creativity, intelligence, and witty banter.  Well I know for a fact hipsters hate being called a hipster.  And by no way, shape, or form am I a hipster.  However my friends thing I am, but they are just plan silly.  I'm not.  I just like their culture, and they intrigue me so much.  I don't what it is, it is what it is right. 

First lets talk about their music.  Indie rock is what they love most.  Hearing stuff that's not on the radio that's what they want.  Me, I just like what I hear.  If I happen to hear it outside of a radio station, that's cool too.  I found Kina that way.  Is she Indie?  Da fuck would I know, all I know is that no one knew who she was when I introduced her, and well...no one still does so screw it.  However I like the music that those people come out with, however what happens when the group gets big, and start to make it...well they sold out obviously.  God sometimes I think the hipster movement is retarded.  And honestly it really could be, but I won't knock the group just yet, cause I still think they're pretty cool.

Next the hipster style.  Well, I think you know how they look, that hippie, dirty, look right?  That's the hipster look right?  I guess so, but I love that look.  I don't rock the tight jeans or the anything tight portion, but I do like the Chucks, I do like the plaid, the funny printed tees from Threadless, and the I don't give a shit attitude is awesome to me.

The last and final thing that makes me love the hipster world, the hipster girl.  I love it, and I love them.  They are awesome.  From the pretentious way they talk, their attitude, and their sarcasm.  I don't know, I think it's great.  Another thing, I like those summer dress wearing hipsters.  Cute as a button as they are, and that with a pair of Chucks...oh my god, girls in Chucks are awesome, the best thing since sliced bread. I don't know, I love me a hipster chick, and I'm probably not going to get over that anytime soon.  If you have summer dress on, you're wearing chucks with you summer dress, and you have a large dark rimmed glasses, and you talk to me about some hipster band, I'm gonna be puddy in your hand and you can have whatever you want.  Man, I love me a hipster chick, so with that, when you type in hipster chick on google and click images here are the first 5 pictures.  





It's what I like, cause I have the best conversations with hipsters.  Awesome.  Enjoy the song.  


No comments:

Post a Comment