Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Why Even Bother?

As you may or may not know, I've been playing a shit ton of BattleField 3 with George.  However the other night, I was online by myself, shooting up the screens running around and just plain old doing my thing.  However about I don't know maybe 20 or 30 minutes in, a player joined and started ripping my team apart.  I just thought...uh okay, this guys is just really good.  After about his 20th kill on me, I finally said, "Da Fudge?!"  Looked up his score, and yeah, he was about 33 to 0 in his kill/death ratio.  No fucking way, I tell myself.  However, whatever, I go on and continue playing.  I finally catch this guy in an open field with about 5 other teammates, and they are swarming him, he picks 2 off, and the other guys are just blasting away at him, but he's not going down.  I finally reach him from behind, and I try stabbing him with the one hit kill...no avail.  Yup this guy was using hacks...boo.  Lo and behold, admin caught wind, guy gets kicked, our team catches up from 125 to 68 ticket count and win the game.  

Needless to say it was a good night, but this got me thinking back to my Counter-Strike days.  What is the infatuation at cheating in a video game?  I don't get it?  Don't you want a steady field, don't you want to beat a squad fair and square?  I don't get it.  You know what grinds my gears?  Hackers.  You take the time out, go all god, and kill everyone in your way without one iota of a challenge?  Tell me...WHYYYYYY????!!!!  You do realize Mr. Hacker, you're not impressing anybody.  Doucher...you know what's more impressive, taking two squads out single-handily.  It feels good, try it, you'll be a hero then.  So that really just grinds my gears.  

You know what else grinds my gears?  The future, and the way some people don't tell you what's going to happen, but give you a glimpse of it.  I'm not going to say anything yet, however if you know me personally, then you know what's going on.  If I didn't have a goldfish, then why would I have the bowl Bart?  Why would I have the bowl?!!!  Le sigh, and the work continues, and it's time to move on and find something else.  I don't know what, just something.  

Been re-reading the captain's log lately, Dave, George and I are some funny as shit people.  Every time I read it, the more and more I think we can write our own movie script.  Watching a few WongFu production movies, that's that youtube thing I posted the other night, and I think seriously believe it's doable.  I kinda want a consensus between the group before I do this, I know this was Jay's thing and all, however I feel like I can definitely write a romantic-comedy easily with my group of friends.  Wishful thinking, maybe, but I still believe it can be done.  I got lots more things to say, however for tonight, I am kinda tired after this long day, and feel tomorrow's blog will be a good one as well.  However for tonight, be good everyone, and enjoy the new Kina cover.  She's pretty awesome, and Fleet Foxes isn't so bad either.

    

No comments:

Post a Comment